The CPS frosh-soph city wrestling championship was held yesterday at Curie. Pictured above are members of Lane Tech's frosh-soph team.
- I added Mike Ramirez of Juarez to the list of 145lb weight class of the CPS wrestlers to watch. Ramirez finished 3rd at the Lisle Tournament(results) on Saturday and he is now 15-3 for the season. The 145 weight class is one of the more loaded weight classes in the CPS. Dpending on which weight class they end up in, 145lbs could have #1 state ranked Max Schneider of Lane Tech, Francisco Lozano Taft the defending 140lbs city champ, Bobby O'Banner(jr) - Bowen,Lawrence Moore(sr)- Fenger, Daniel Hernandez(jr)- Kelvyn Park and Miran Ciramagic - Amundsen (2011 city 3rd place at 145lbs). Again, some of those wrestlers could end up in different weight class.
- I also added a couple more Juarez wrestlers to the watch list. Omar Ibarra is 16-5 and placed 4th at Lise at 182lbs. Daniel Fulgencio is 17-3 and placed 2nd at 220lbs at Lisle.
- Curie's Luis Morales (jr, 21-10) placed 5th in 120lbs at the large Wheaton Warrenville South Tournament(results). Curie is one of those schools that is stocked with a ton of potential raw wrestling talent, but for some reason has neven been able to put a sustained wrestling program. Curie has a chronic number of wrestlers and is nowhere near competing even against CPS only competition.
- Speaking of Curie and Juarez. The frosh-soph city wreslting championship was held yesterday at Curie. Juarez and Lane Tech square off in a dual meet this Thursday, 4:00pm, at Jaurez.
- The first round of the city championship is Friday, January 27, 2012 at various spots in the city. Defending city champion Lane and many north side schools will be at Roosevelt High Shool. The finals of the city championships will be Saturday, January 28th at Chicago State University. (tentative schedule)