In life we all make supposedly big decisions like what neighborhood do I choose to live, what schools should I send my kids to, who should be my spouse, and what career path to take. Every day, no every moment, however we have to make a decision. In the long run which decisions have a greater impact on your life? The answer is all of them. Life is a series of making small decisions every moment. It is the person who makes the best decisions at these supposedly small moments, who in the long run will make a big difference.
It's decisions like:
- should I eat just the bagel in the morning or should I add fattening cream cheese
- should I put a greater conscious effort in conserving gas as I drive
- maybe it would be better for my long term health if I decide to go for a quick walk outside instead of spending an extra 20 minutes on the web surfing
- I should start working an extra 5 minutes earlier than I normally do so I can squeeze in that extra call
- Instead of thinking ten extra minutes about how the Cubs loss last night to the Dodgers, maybe I should spend an extra ten minutes thinking about my next best book to buy.
Little things make big things happen- and it starts with making the right small decisions.