In order to hire a candidate the candidate usually has to say yes to each of the following steps before going to the next step:
- Can I find the written job description?
- Is there an easy way for me to apply to the job or express my interest?
- Does the job interest me enough to apply for the job?
- Now that I have applied for the job, do I know what the next step will be?
- Do I like the recruiter that called me about the job?
- Do I like what the recruiter said about the job?
- Do I know what the next step will be?
- Do I want to do the next step?
- Do I still want the job after going through the remainder of the steps?
If you as a recruiter can make it easy for the candidate to say yes at every step, then you have done your job.