Remember getting a phone call from a telemarketer during dinner time? Well, if you allow yourself to have a conversation with the telemarketer, there's a good chance the conversation will continue a whole lot longer than you'd like. A better alternative is to just end the conversation as quickly as you can by hanging up the phone.
That's what you need to do when potentially negative/detrimental thoughts pop up in your head during the day. Thoughts like these can happen to a recruiter:
- I'm tired.
- Why am I doing this?
- I wonder what's on TV tonight?
- I can't wait for the weekend
- That last candidate was so mean
- Why does everyone keep rejecting our offers?
- I can't find a candidate even if I tried looking forever.
If any negative/detrimental thought comes through your mind, throughout the day. Remember, you can always quickly hang up the phone, before you allow it to grow bigger.